Counseling Resources Aftercare Program is available to individuals 18 years and older who have completed substance abuse treatment at any agency and are assessed as being appropriate for the program. Clients who have completed programming at Counseling Resources are NOT required to have an assessment before entering aftercare services unless a substantial amount of time has passed since we have had contact with them.
Clients entering aftercare groups should have a minimum of thirty days of abstinence prior to entering the program. However, we encourage clients to come into aftercare groups also if they have been absent from the program and/or are struggling with sobriety. In such cases, we do reserve the right to recommend further assessment, counseling or treatment. For those clients who have a mild chemical use disorder and are not necessarily recommended to maintain long-term abstinence, we encourage continued care sessions on an individual basis.
Aftercare group meets weekly, at the days and times listed below. We like to allow clients to attend which ever group fits their schedules, so clients do not need to attend the same group each week. That being said however, many clients do make one of the groups their "home group".
Wednesday 12:00 to 1:00 PM
Wednesday 5:30 to 6:30 PM
Thursday 7:00 to 8:00 PM
Saturday 10:00 to 11:00 AM
Aftercare is helpful to participants in many ways:
- Being an additional or alternative support to 12 step groups.
- Providing emotional support and feedback for daily living problems.
- Providing a place to keep in touch with other positive, sober people met through treatment.
- Encouraging participants to practice new skills developed in treatment, especially social and communication skills.
- Continuing to work on problems/issues begun in treatment.
- Addressing specific issues of early recovery, such as: finding new healthy support, dealing with using triggers and further developing coping skills.